Department of Economics
The Department of Economics commenced in 1981 under the leadership of eminent facultyProf. RethinaRaju as a part of Pre Degree Course.In 1998 the department upgraded to Under Graduate department withB A Economics (Model II - Insurance).Department became full fledged with the appointment of three permanent teachers in 2011.
- Students will be able to possess a strong and liberal foundation in Arts and an understanding of how developments in social and intellectual history shape and affect human values and institutions.
- Students will get an opportunity to understand human behavior
and to apply wide range of methods in the social sciences to solve
individual and social problems.
- Students will be able to make value judgments and evaluate how
theories and models can be used to benefitsociety.
- To impart quality education through a wider exposure to Indian economy through Insurance sector.
- To train students to analyze concrete problems with the help of conceptual frames, theoretical insights and mathematical, statistical and econometric tools along with computer applications in Insurance Industry.
- To make Department of Economics as one of the leading centre of learning Economics in general and centre of Insurance Studies in specific in the country.